Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Our Trip Home During Thanksgiving

Our trip home was, as usual, a whirlwind! The drive there and back was a little rough...Layla is a total star in the car but Jack still hates it. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't fun either. We made lots of stops (one was a long one...Jack had a diaper explosion about 2 hours from home on our way down. That was FUN) so our trip was a little longer than usual. I keep telling myself that it will get easier every time from here on out. Maybe someday I will even be able to take the kids by myself! 

As usual I was terrible about taking pictures! I tried to take several at Jack's party but after that it was hard to break out the camera. I'm trying to find a balance between enjoying myself and getting photos. I think I need to get better at taking pictures again! 

While we were home we took the opportunity to go "down South" to visit Grandma Loomis, Grandma Barton, and lots of other special family members. We realized we haven't been down there since Layla turned 1. It has been one thing after the other...first Layla was sick and we couldn't make it, then the miscarriage then Jack was born...but this year was IT. We had to get down there and we are so glad we did!

First stop was Grandma Loomis'. Here's GG with her Great Grandkids-

And next up was Grandma Barton. These are just a small handful of grandkids on this side. Check out Jack's face LOL.

Jack meeting his cousin Josie for the first time. They were the same size (Josie is 18 months!).

We had some fun moments at Grandma Rosco's house too. Here is Jack being taking for a ride (before the wheels bent from all his weight!)- 

A cute picture with Great Gma and Gpa Bawk Bawk. It will be awhile before they see the kids again!

And Layla got to make cookies with Grandma Rosco.




My goal for our next trip AND for when we have visitors- get at least one picture of the kids with every person we visit/see. It is an aggressive goal but I think we can do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment