Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter fun

I am so glad that part of my family was able to come up for my birthday and Easter this year! My Mom, step Dad, Grandma and Grandpa made the long trip from IL to spend some much needed time with Layla. Unfortunately the weather was yucky and we didn't get out much, but Layla had so much fun playing with her Grandparents and all her new Easter toys. As usual...the Easter bunny outdid himself





After Layla discovered all her new goodies, we decided to frost cupcakes for the birthday celebrations. My birthday was the day after Easter this year (crazy) and my Grandpma's is just 3 days after mine. Here is Layla helping out with the icing



Now it was time to get down to business...the eggs. The poor Easter bunny didn't have much space to leave eggs but Layla didn't mind. The diva didn't want to touch the grass or really go far to get all her eggs. 


The Easter bunny left marshmallows in the eggs even though Mommy knew she wouldn't eat them. She did enjoy opening each egg, squishing the marshmallows with her fingers (she kept that disgusted look on her face the whole time) and throwing them on the floor with mighty force!

After our Easter egg hunt it was time for my FAVORITE meal of all time...that's right folks, it is fish and spaghetti time! For those of you that think I'm crazy (probably most of my new Midland friends that are reading this) visit an old blog post for the fish and spaghetti story. I didn't get any pictures of our meal but here is Layla enjoying a cupcake



And that was pretty much the extent of our Easter celebration. It was great...no driving around visiting a hundred different places with a crabby toddler, no fancy feast and no makeup. Haha! It was mainly a lounge around the house and play all day kind of day. Perfect!






 Grandpa taught Layla a new game. Take the balls out of the ball pit and put them in people's shirts. We all had a shirt full of rainbow colored balls at one point in time.

Of course we had to get some pictures of my Grandma, Mom, myself and Layla for a "four generation" shot. I think this one is adorable and the one below it of Mom and Bob is TOO CUTE!


So I know we already talked about frosting cupcakes but I did two batches and decided to frost some more later in the week. Here is Grandma and Grandpa giving Layla another lesson. This time she took huge fist fulls of icing and ate them. Yummy!


One thing is for sure, Layla loves her Grandma and Paw Paw. We weren't sure how she'd do because she hasn't seen them since Xmas but she knew exactly who they were when they got to our house. Layla is head over heals for Paw Paw...he is still her absolute favorite person in the whole world (makes me so sick and jealous! haha). I can remember him sitting at our table when my brother and I were little and teaching us how to write the alphabet with our crayons. Now here we are with Layla teaching her how to color, what a great memory!






We can't wait until the next time everyone comes to visit! No more sleeping in the living room and foyer for our family...everyone will have their own room at the new house! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment