Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Congrats Dr. Barton!

We have been waiting for this moment longer than anything in our lives. When I met Bryan I was 15 and I couldn't have really guessed our future except for one thing...he was going to be a doctor. Everything in both our lives has revolved around one event, Bryan graduating with his PhD. High school graduations, getting engaged, college graduations, getting married, starting new jobs and having Layla...all steps towards this or planned around this one event. Honestly, if the weekend wouldn't have been such a whirlwind of family and parties I probably wouldn't have been able to keep it together. Thank God we have this move to focus on because I guarantee it won't hit either of us until we are settled in the new house.

For the very first time in our lives I have no idea what the plan is. Bryan has a great job, we are having a blast with Layla and in 3 days we will have our first "real" house. We are SO blessed but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared to death. Who knows what will happen from here but one thing is for sure...we have never been happier. ;o) Layla and I love you SO much BB, I've never been so proud of someone in my entire life and we are so lucky to have you.

Because Bryan had to leave right after graduation on Sunday, we had his party on Saturday. Thanks so much to everyone that came to celebrate! 
 Layla looking adorable in her dress
 This is what getting a picture of all three kids looks like. Nightmare! 
 So proud of Daddy!
 Bryan walking up to the stage
 Getting his diploma
 Getting hooded 
 He's done!
 Bryan and his proud parents
 A thumbs up from his sister Ashley
 Us
 LOL Bryan will kill me when he sees this but I think this is such a great pic of his hood
 Bryan with my Mom and Bob
 Bryan's cake for after the graduation. 


1 comment: