Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Layla's First Haircut

I can't believe how big L is getting. :( I'm not sure I can handle any more of this growing up business. And I'm not sure how much longer I can get by without finishing up some of her firsts in her baby book. I think the only two left were first hair cut and first dentist appointment. Since the dentist appointment was a bust in January and was rescheduled for June, it was haircut time.

We've been working up to this one for awhile. She's weird about stuff like this and I never know how she's going to handle it. Every time I did her hair in the morning we'd play "hair cut". She was SO excited that today was the day to get her "baby hair cut off"...I can hardly stand it when she says that. Booooo hoooo hooooo!!!

Here she is this afternoon ready for her big appointment:



Last pictures of those almost white "baby hairs". :(

And here's a snapshot of her first hair cut in progress:

Overall she did really well! When we first got there she asked if she could sit on my lap and I told her "we'll see". In my head I was screaming NO NO NO!! Because I wanted to get good pictures. I just didn't give her the option and plopped her booty right on the booster our stylist had waiting for her. She didn't crack many smiles but she normally won't when she's soaking something in. It is hard to tell from the pics but she was into it...you know because if she wasn't I wouldn't have good pictures to share. LOL.

She didn't get much taken off...just those crazy ends that were constantly tangled and enough of the bulk out the back to give it a nice shape. She honestly doesn't look much different but I could tell a huge difference when I ran my fingers through it tonight after bath. No more baby hair, but not many tangles. :)

I'm so proud of her...she even asked if she could get her hair colored green next time. I know she'll love going back. I L.O.V.E. having a little girl to do these things with. And I also love having a little boy that won't require as much maintenance. Ahhhh...the joys of having one of each!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment