Sunday, May 11, 2014

A general update and Mommy's birthday

Story of my life- I'm running behind. So for Mother's Day I thought I'd just take a chance to get caught up on some stuff. Mainly on our personal blog and our pictures. So here's a quick catch up-

Mommy has been super busy with photography and her blog. I had a local orthodontist office contact me about pictures several months ago and I almost didn't accept the job because it was a bit out of my comfort zone. I decided to take the job because my contact was wonderful and really liked my style...I had complete creative control. 

Holy Cow. I'm so glad I took this. It gave me a huge confidence boost and will open doors for me to grow my business. I'm so proud of myself and am so thankful for the opportunity falling in my lap. And for Bryan and the kids helping me out with this! Layla helped us open the canvases when they arrive...they were MUCH bigger than her! 


And here was the finished product. I'll go visit the office in a few weeks and take pictures of them hanging. 

Then my birthday happened right in the middle of all this. It wasn't a big deal...but it IS my last birthday in my 20s! I've had a busy decade...graduated from college, got married and had 2 great jobs/careers. Then the girl came and I became a stay at home mom, opened 2 businesses and completed our family with the little guy. It's been a crazy, busy and WILD ride but here we are and I'm not sure I'd want things any other way. 

Layla picked out my birthday presents again- I got new headphones, an armband for running and an airplane. Guess which one was from Layla. 



I got to take Layla to tennis by myself which was WONDERFUL because I got to watch her WHOLE practice. It was amazing. She loves it and does really well. So thankful we found something she actually enjoys! 

While we were gone Daddy decorated the dining room with the decorations L picked out. Angry Birds...

Layla served the cake. She was so proud of herself. Can't believe how big she's getting...she is such a HUGE help. 

Jack wasn't feeling well (still) but he did enjoy some cake. I was glad to see a few smiles out of this poor sick guy. 

Then we went outside (still in our winter coats!!) and played with "my" airplane. I can't wait to see what I get next year! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment