Thursday, May 29, 2014

Jack is 18 months!

I know I say this every time but...18 months? Really?! I feel like Jack has always been a part of the family. Maybe that's because the last 18 months have gone by veeeery slow for me. This baby stage has been really tough. Apparently we don't breed children that can perform basic life functions like eating, sleeping, breathing and pooping without help. As we all know, Jack has struggled with sleeping. And by struggled I mean that he never slept.

I'm SO happy to report that we finally (queue clouds opening, angels singing and heaven's gates shining) are sleeping through the night AND taking LONG naps. Oh AND we are SLEEPING IN! I seriously have tears in my eyes as I'm writing this. That might make me a bad Mom but I don't even care. I can finally clean my own house, spend time with Layla and work all in the same day. You guys...this is major. I have become a much better person and Mom over the last few weeks. Thank you GOD!


Jack seriously has the best personality. He loves to make you laugh! He also has one heck of a tempter. His fits even put his big sis to shame. He is one strong boy and trying to hold him during one of these has got to be compared to wrestling an alligator. Whew! Here is his "onry" face-


Speaking of holding him...This little guy LOOOOOVES to be on my hip. He is becoming more independent at home which has been wonderful but in public he is so bashful. He will ride in a stroller for a bit and then wants right in Mommy's arms OR to run wild screaming up and down aisles at the grocery store. And going out to eat? Forget it! His energy can not be contained to a simple high chair. He is starting to prefer a normal seat anyway...oh boy.


Jack has been struggling over the past 2 months to get rid of a nasty cough. It started as a cold and we have not been able to get rid of this terrible rattling in his chest. We've spent $10 million on breathing treatments that he will no longer sit through (seriously...20 minutes 4 times a day? For 3 months?! Nope) but I came across some essential oils that seem to really help him.

Jack is saying LOTS of words and making lots of animal noises now. He loves Doggies and Owls most of all. He's getting really into trucks and trains...I LOVE IT! He's still not communicating basic needs which is enough to drive me nuts. He likes to act like a caveman and bang his hands on his chest (or mine) when he needs something. And the whining is out of control. Who said little boys weren't dramatic?! This boy knows what he wants, when he wants it and he thinks I should know too. He's so stubborn and probably won't really start communicating until he's 2 like his sister...they've got this "Mommy is a slave" thing pretty well figured out.

We did his 18 month pics at Dow Gardens when Gma and Gpa Bawk Bawk were here (post on that later). Layla was a total rock star but Jack wasn't really on his A game. This is probably one of my favorite pictures EVER though-

And I had to share one of this gorgeous girl. I just don't know how we got so lucky to get such adorable AND smart/funny kids. I love them.


And Mr. Jack with his Daddy. He's really starting to prefer Dad when he's around which is TOTALLY cool with me. That boy was literally attached to me for 13 months, it can be Daddy's turn for awhile. I swear they look exactly alike...

I can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings for our little guy. We are really looking forward to doing more traveling, staying up late and spending lots of time together this summer. Life is SO good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment