Sunday, September 7, 2014

First day of school 2014

School is back in session and we have one happy little girl. She really, REALLLLLLY missed her teachers this summer. I'm not sure what we are going to do when this school year is over and we have to explain to her that her teacher next year will be different. I'm already dreading it!

ANYWAY...these first day of school pictures were super rushed and I feel terrible about it. I got whatever illness the kids had last week and I was feeling like death that morning. :( I still managed to get a few-

Layla says she isn't really sure what she wants to be but she knows that she wants to be a Mommy "for sure". :) 

Poor girl didn't sleep well the night before. I think she was just so excited for school! So after pictures on the porch she asked Daddy to carry her to the car. 

Here she is, all ready for school with a big smile on her face. 

It's funny to me that our kids will be at the top of the alphabet. Layla had the first hook again this year...Mommy was always the last in class. LOL. She knew just what to do!

She was a little anxious and held my hand for a minute before she was off to play. She has a much bigger class with some different kids this year. But once she recognized a friend from last year (a little blonde curly haired girl...her twin) she was off and happy. 

Poor sweet Jack really missed "sissy" that morning. He walked around the house calling for her. I had to go blow my nose and went back into the playroom to find it empty. I couldn't find Jack anywhere! Then I peeked around the corner and saw him in sissy's bed playing with my phone. :) 

Layla had a great first day and Jack gave her a big hug when he saw her. I wonder how long that enthusiasm will last?

No comments:

Post a Comment