Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Many Faces Of Layla

I know I say this ALL the time but Layla has the best personality. Her facial expressions are hilarious...what you see is how she's feeling. See below for exactly what I mean:


;o) I'm sure a lot of you have seen this coming after my miscarriage post on Nap Time Tales. We are still a little bit in shock and denial that this is really happening. It isn't that we aren't excited, it's just that we are very nervous! I think this time around it is going to be hard to get head over heels excited until baby is safe on the outside.

Here are some stats so far:

- Due date: November 28th

- How I'm feeling: I had a few really rough and sick weeks...plus I'm exhausted but overall not much different than I felt with Layla. Other than the fact that I'm STARVING ALL. THE. TIME. I don't remember that with L until later in the pregnancy...so I'm expecting to gain at least 100 pounds.

- How Layla's feeling: This is where I get nervous. Layla has some serious issues with Mommy and Daddy holding other babies and really likes to boss little ones around. We are going to start including her in as much as we can with this baby (think nursery, ultrasounds etc...) and we talk about it often. We are trying to teach her that trying to push a baby off our laps is unacceptable, but Princess has other ideas. This is either going to be REALLY bad...or good for her. I'm freaking out.

- How Baby's feeling: Great! We went in for a ultrasound at 9 weeks and baby looks amazing. Here are some pictures:






And here is the highly anticipated belly shot. I'm doing things a little different for #2. First- we are just doing pictures every 4 weeks or so. Second- I have an orange shirt this time so the kids can have their very own shirts. Third- I'll write a little note to baby with every picture. We are still keeping a baby book, but I think this is more fun!


So our journey as a family of 4 is off to a better start than last time. We have high hopes that things will go great and that we will bring this bundle of joy home around Thanksgiving. You know, because we just LOVE to have babies around the holidays! ;o) So please keep us in our thoughts and prayers as little Turkey grows, Layla figures out the big sister thing and Mommy tries to keep her sanity through all these pregnancy hormones...and we won't even get into what poor Daddy has to go through with 2 crazy girls in the house.


1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS!!!!!! I am so excited for all of you!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete