Monday, May 28, 2012

Layla's had the best week ever!

We have been SO busy lately. We are trying to squeeze in a ton of house projects before baby gets here, I'm trying to get caught up editing photography sessions and we are getting ready to go home for a week (so I can edit even MORE photography sessions haha).

Poor Layla hasn't been getting away from the house much. Between all the stuff on my to do list, I've been having major headaches that last for several days. I had migraines when I was pregnant with Layla and they aren't as bad as those...I just can't shake it! So in an effort to get Layla back into her social life, I had Bryan take her to Dow Gardens to visit one of her BFFs after their family's photo shoot.

Layla ADORES Maddie. Maddie also has a little sister, Hayden...I think both Layla and Maddie tolerate her haha. Poor thing. These two have so much in common. And by that I mean they are both the bossiest girls I know! They are perfect for each other. Anyway, Layla got to run up and down a hill a few times with her friend:



Bryan decided it would be a good idea to venture out with no PullUp on. She did wonderful until I asked if she had to go potty (2 seconds after starting to play with Maddie) and she said "okay". So Bryan takes her to the bathroom only to discover that he forgot her portable potty seat...and a PullUp...and an extra change of clothes. So after listening to her freak out in the bathroom because she didn't have her "SEAT" he told her they'd have to go home and use the potty. Apparently she bawled and was screaming "Maddie!!! I want Maddie!!!". :( Poor thing had to cut her visit short but I'm happy to report she didn't pee in the car on the way home. SCORE!

The next morning Layla got the surprise of her life when her other favorite person in the whole wide world, Addi, woke her up at 7:15 AM. Addi needed a place to hang out for a few hours Thursday morning and what better place to play than at her twin sister's friend's house?!

Layla is not a morning person and I wasn't sure how this would go (she normally wakes up at 8:30!) but as soon as Addi got here we walked into L's room and gave her a wake up call. My favorite Addi quote of the day "Layla, do you need another minute or can you just get up?!". She yelled this as she walked into Layla's room LOL. But L was SO excited to see her that she didn't care to have "an extra minute". Here are the girls doing one of Layla's favorite activities, coloring an octopus:



On Friday Layla got to see Maddie and Hayden AGAIN at their house, this time for a cookout. It was so nice to get together with them, and very sweet of them to invite us over. We can't wait to have them at our house!

Layla had a ton of fun playing with the girls, especially in the bounce house. This was the first time she really warmed up to a bounce house and once she got over her initial fears, she LOVED it! I think I know what she may be getting for Christmas this year. :) I'm a loser and didn't get any pictures...but don't worry, I made up for it later in the weekend!

On Saturday Daddy thought it would be a great idea to go to the zoo. Originally we were just going to go to Lansing but as soon as we hit the interstate Bryan had a change of heart so we were headed to Detroit. We had an EXHAUSTING day but it was so much fun! We got to eat at Red Robin, got to the zoo at 2:00 (nap time...like I said, this was BRYAN'S idea) and walked around for what felt like 7 hours. It was kind of a hot day and most of the animals were sleeping, but we were still able to see almost everything. I was pretty impressed at how close you could actually get to the animals, and Layla seemed to have a good time. Here are a few pictures:










On Sunday we had a nice lunch and then had a work day here at the house. This included naps for us all...we needed it!

Today (Monday) we went to the beach in Sanford. It was PACKED but we had a really great time. L loves the water and sand so we try to give her sensory overload in hopes that she will never regress from all the progress we've made this year. ;o) Here are a few pictures of us at the beach:




And a video of her at the "splash" part of the park:


What a crazy week we've had! But so much fun...I'm not sure how we can top this week for L. Expect maybe to go home and see all her G'mas and G'pas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment