Thursday, February 28, 2013

Grandma's Dress

Little Miss Layla was a total rockstar and a perfect subject today. I'm so excited to have this session done after having this dress in my possession for several months. It's about 66 years old...and I don't want to be the one responsible for it. LOL.

My Grandma had her pictures done in this dress when she was a little girl. I imagine going to a photo session was much different then. I remember getting MY picture taken in the dress also. Not much of the specifics, I just felt like a rockstar (hmmmm...wonder where L gets it?). Putting Layla in this dress is so special to me not only because it is my Grandma's dress, but because I got to wear it too and it seems almost like a right of passage. My sweet baby girl is growing up.

I was VEEERY nervous about putting L in the dress for pictures. Mainly because I bribe her with M&Ms when I take her pics and I didn't want to do that with this dress on. She was fine with holding my iPhone and playing games while I got some of the closeups and then sat perfectly still, hands on lap for the rest. I explained to her how "fragile" the dress is. Yes, thanks to Daddy she knows what that means. LOL. She kept twirling the ribbons around her fingers saying "it's so cute" and "I can put my fingers through this dress". ;o)

Here are my favorite pictures from our "session". I'm going to stare at them for the next 15 minutes while Daddy struggles to get her out of the tub and into bed. I just heard a very sharp "NO, I will NOT get out!!!" (of the tub). But just look how precious and sweet she looks in these photos... ;o)




No comments:

Post a Comment