Monday, February 11, 2013

Jack is 12 weeks!

OK, so it's not official until tomorrow but I had time today to post so...Jack is 12 weeks! I can't believe it. Time is going WAY too fast now. I am SO. IN. LOVE. with this little boy and thank God every day for bringing him into our family. He's absolutely perfect for us, especially for Layla. The two of them are so sweet together, I refuse to recognize that there might be a time when they don't want to cuddle, kiss and coo at each other. I'm in major denial that these two are going to grow up...just let me be that way.

Jack is a big (huge) strong boy. He's a tummy time pro and can hold his head up like a champ. He is also rolling over but he's been doing this since he was 3 days old so I'm not sure when to make the official "call". He doesn't really act like he's doing it on purpose yet so I'll give it a little more time.

Baby boy is in size 3-6 month clothes but getting ready for 6-9 months and is in a size 3 diaper. He's got a great nap time routine going- bed by 10:30, up to eat around 5am and again at 7:30...then up for the day at 9. He still takes several naps during the day but I've noticed in the the last week that he's up for longer periods.

Jack loves to swing which is going to be an issue in the next few weeks as I transition him to napping in his crib. :( He's too big of a baby to be in that swing for much longer. He still eats like a champ and is taking bottles with a little more ease. I'm SO proud to say he's only taken about 5 oz of formula TOTAL so far...and I'm storing tons of milk to *hopefully* donate.

Jack is the sweetest, happiest baby. He only fusses when he's hungry, needs to burp or has a dirty diaper. He's thisclose to giggling...I can't wait to hear those first laughs. Daddy claims he's gotten a few mini giggles...I'll believe it when I hear it. ;o)

 So he's our little butterball on the day before he turns 12 weeks. My favorite thing about Jack right now? Those droopy cheeks and that big grin.



2 comments: