Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had another great Thanksgiving this year. Not only did my Mom and Bob come up again, but Grandpa and Grandpa "Lucky" came up too! We did miss all our family back home (and in NYC haha) though.

This year we have a lot to be thankful for. I couldn't possibly list everything but I think most of all we are thankful for our spunky little Layla, our amazing families and friends and a new one this year...our house! It was so nice to host our first holiday in our new home. ;o)

I tried to get pictures of all the festivities but I'm sure I miss some things. Here are a few pictures of our fun Thanksgiving:

Layla helping Grandma and Grandpa with the stuffing. She really doesn't care to help...she just wanted to sit on the counter. 

Grandpa carving the 14 pound turkey that Bryan bought. 

 Layla didn't take a nap the day we were preparing all the food so she decided to crawl into Grandma and Grandpa's bed and cover herself up (all by herself). Here she is "nite nite". She can't close her eyes without opening her mouth LOL. 

 We have always wanted to put up Christmas lights and this year, we CAN! We were so excited to decorate the house...turns out this is going to be a lot easier next year when we have actual bushes to hang stuff on.
 This is basically ALL we did the entire weekend. Play Play-Doh. Every time we turned around Layla was calling "Paw Paw" or "Maw Maw" to play. 

 Here are a list of bad things Layla Grandparents taught her this weekend: #1- how to jump on beds, #2- how to stand on the back of grocery carts, #3- how to go down her slide on her belly...and I'm sure there are a few more I'm missing. She actually dropped the "f-bomb" during Thanksgiving dinner. Bryan asked "who taught her that?!" and without skipping a beat she said "Paw Paw". Now, I know non of her Paw Paws have ever used that word around me...let alone around her. But I do know that she LOVES to put the blame on others (she blamed Oscar for the TP incident a few blogs back) and I also know that it was so hard not to laugh.
 This girl had her finger in her nose ALL weekend as well. Funny that now everyone is gone she's stopped that...maybe this should be #4 on the above list?
 I loved to be tickled when I was little. I used to sit on my Grandpa's lap and count to ten while he tickled me just to torture myself. Now Layla does it and it is so cute to see!

This my friends...is part of our family Xmas gift from my Grandparents. They also got us a bird feeder but I didn't get a picture of it. We have a TON of squirrels in our backyard and Layla loves to watch them. It is so cute! So Maw Maw and Paw Paw decided to get us a feeder and look what we got a few days later!

 Needless to say it took 2 days and that corn is GONE. 

 Getting ready to do the tree...and picking her nose!

 Grandma helping out. 

Mommy and Layla decorating the tree. I'll have to post some new pictures now that all the presents are wrapped! 


No comments:

Post a Comment