Friday, November 11, 2011

What a wonderful week!

This week has been full of ups and downs at the Barton household. I'll start with the bad- Layla's sleeping habits are becoming a nightmare. She went 4 days this week without a nap...and two days on 15 minute naps. Gone are the days of editing pictures or surfing Pinterest for a few hours for this Momma. :( BOOOOOOOOOOO!!

But other than some horrible nights and naps...we've had a great week! This picture was actually take last week but I couldn't help but share. Layla was not napping great last week either and I finally went in there to get her after 2 hours of crying, screaming and "OH NOOOOOOO"s. I walked in to Layla sitting in her crib with no shirt. Or so I thought. I picked her up and realized she decided to wear her shirt as a dress. Nice. So I put her down and told her to "stand right there!" while I ran to get the camera. When I went back into her room she apparently had walked a few feet and realized I was back and RAN back to the exact spot I told her to stand it (while looking at her feet and moving ever so slightly a few inches when I asked her if that was the right spot LOL):


Now to this week. First we went to the library for the first time in awhile. I've never let L check out books for some reason...just never really thought about it. Lately she's really been into reading and LOVES to point out items and "read" books. So we took a trip to the library and she LOVED it. I let her carry in a little bag for books and she went right up to the children's books and started loading it up. It was like free shopping! Our library actually has an amazing kids section so I let her pick out 6 books and we brought them home and started reading to the dogs:




And a video of Layla trying to read to Oscar and Oscar not really appreciating it. I swear these dogs bark every waking minute of the day.


Yesterday we decided to go to Chippewa Nature Center to hang out for a bit. It was somewhat nice when we left but when we walked outside to go home it was SNOWING!! I couldn't believe it! Layla hated it of course. She hates the cold and when we walk outside she acts like she can't breath. LOL. Her teeth were chattering and she kept kicking my sides and holding her breath. SO dramatic. Anyway, when we got home I decided to snap this pic of the snow. And yes, that is all our CRAP out by the street. A result of us taking down the drop ceiling in the downstairs bedroom and me organizing our storage stuff. Hopefully it will be picked up next week...nothing like soggy cardboard. Yum.


And now for a Layla eating update! I still haven't heard back from her therapist but I am 99.9% sure that she's going to give us the "all clear". That's right folks...Layla is considered a decent eater! WOOOO HOOOOO! I honestly thought this day would never come. I know this is a topic I go on and on about but it has consumed our lives for the last year and I'm so thankful that we have seen amazing results with her. We still have to really focus on pudding and mushy stuff and veggies...but she actually gets a pretty good variety now.

For the most part eating isn't as stressful anymore. We have some trouble when we are anywhere other than home and we are still told to not discipline her at the table which I'll be honest, I don't follow all the time. I can't have her throwing food for the dogs or just plain not sitting when we are in public but...we pick our battles VERY closely.

A smile at meal time used to be SO rare. I really get teary when I look at these pics now because it has taken SO much work to get to this point. But here is Layla eating lunch today. Smiling, being silling, carrying on a "conversation" with me (haha) and eating a banana and chocolate covered cherries. ;o)




1 comment: