Sunday, November 18, 2012

Santa Parade

I can't believe Layla is almost 3 and this was her FIRST parade. I have no excuse really other than we don't get a paper and literally have no clue when things happen around here. So yeah, no excuse...parents of the year going on 3 years in a row. Anyway, yesterday was Midland's Santa Parade. I THINK there is another one of these when Santa actually comes to the Santa House but since we live in a cave...I can't be sure.

This was a big deal because she's getting old enough to "get Santa" which is SO. MUCH. FUN. I love it! She's also into candy, which is good because she got approximately 25 pounds of it.

We found a pretty good parking spot and although we were going to try to meet up with some of our friends (sorry Elliots!) we ended up just kicking it on the curb because I couldn't bare to walk 2 blocks. Being 38 weeks pregnant in cold weather with a coat and shoes that don't fit is NOT fun. I could have been in the parade, as a blimp.

Layla didn't get it at first. Here's Grandma running her out into the road (formally known as hot lava) to see the start of the parade:

And of course she covered her ears during the sirens. She was totally into seeing the "fashion police" that pulled Daddy over though...I love her. 

The candy was thrown in MASSIVE amounts. I've never seen anything like it, but then again I haven't been to a parade in I don't know how long. She got everything from Tootsie Rolls to Snickers (SCORE!!) and was SO excited about the candy that I don't think she even saw 90% of the parade. 

More candy! 

And here it was- the moment we've all been waiting for...SANTA! Please see my HUGE belly in the background LOL. It was so cute to see her waving and smiling at Santa.

Santa is the real deal around here. They don't mess around with Santa in these parts. I can't wait to take her to the Santa house. She told us that she was going to sit on his lap...we'll see how it goes. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment