Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!


I can't believe Halloween is over and it's NOVEMBER! Layla had an amazing Halloween. She was greeted in the foyer by a present from Mommy and Daddy first thing in the morning. Filled with some candy, lots of glow stuff (she's OBSESSED), a book and some of those "magic" pills you put in water that turn into animals. Talk about a big hit! 

After asking if we could go trick or treating about 100 times throughout the day, it was time to go to the doctor's office. We got so many compliments on her Halloween outfit (thanks Grandma Barton!):


After we got home it was time for some "quiet time" and then a quick dinner before busting out the costume. She was SOOOOO excited! Here she is posing with her pumpkins:




And giving Mommy some fish kisses (yes, this is how I went trick or treating...NOTHING FITS)

Then it was time to hit the pavement. I promise she was excited. She hasn't napped in over a month so our late afternoon and evenings are REALLY rough. This is as close to a smile as we were going to get but she kept telling us "I"m SO excited...I'm just SO excited!!". LOL

And off we went!

I didn't get any great pictures of her actually Trick or Treating, or of her candy stash. I was so proud of her because she said "trick or treat" and "thank you" at every single house...she was just a little quiet about it. :) 

This morning I went in to get her with a big smile on my face. I said "Layla, do you know what today is?!" and she said "Halloween?!?!". LOL. I explained to her that Halloween only happens once a year, just like the fireworks, but that today was November first. She knows that Jack is coming in "Number" and she got pretty excited. Only 19 days and our little fish will be a BIG SISTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment