Sunday, July 31, 2011

Does it snow on the sand?

We finally got a chance to visit Lake Michigan a few weekends ago. We decided to check out Ludington which is a little over two hours away from us. I have to say we were quite impressed! It was hard to do much but the beach with Layla...she's still a little young to appreciate walking 2 miles to see a lighthouse for example (I think I'm still a little too young too LOL). It was a little chilly with the breeze coming off the lake and Layla's teeth were chattering when she got out of the water LOL! But after we warmed up a bit she LOVED playing in the sand with Daddy. She even let him bury her feet in the sand. ;o)

The whole time we were there I could not get past the fact that we were in Michigan. Other than it being chilly, the beach is just like Florida! All I could think about was what it looked like in the winter. For some reason it is just really hard for me to picture it snowing on a sandy beach. Anyway...that was my random thought for the day but it really blows my mind. LOL

Here are a few pictures from our trip!









2 comments:

  1. I love Lake Michigan. We have been 3 times already since we have been over here. It still amazes me after all this time how beautiful the sand is and how clear the water is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and it's beautiful in winter too. A lot less crowded, though. :)

    ReplyDelete