Monday, July 4, 2011

Fish and Spaghetti time!

My Grandparents came to visit last week and we had a great time relaxing working with them. Grandpa kept saying he was coming to work and he wasn't kidding! Within 10 minutes of being at our house Bryan and Grandpa had removed a tree from our front yard. Yes, an entire tree. Poor Grandpa did so much work while he was here from removing a few trees and bushes to painting our house...he even went to Lowe's and bought all the stuff he'll need to replace our gutters during his NEXT visit. We really appreciate all the hard work (even if he did offer us "a thousand bucks" to not attempt to paint while he is away LOL).

And while Grandpa was working outside, Grandma was working hard in the kitchen inside! We had hot home cooked meals every night including, yoooooou guessed it! Fish and spaghetti! We were in heaven.

I have a few pics to post of the house in another blog but here are just a few other pics from their trip.

Her first ever banana!!!!

She loved it and we were so proud of her for trying it!

The first batch of fried fish...world famous

The sweet salsa for the fish...we tried this on roast also this week and it was excellent. I think this is my new ranch dressing...G'pa needs to teach me how to make it so I can pour in on everything I eat.

Can't forget about the spaghetti.

We bought cupcakes for Bryan to celebrate his birthday a little early. Here he is getting ready to make his wish.
And in true Ashley fashion I'm just realizing I didn't get a single picture of Grandma and Grandpa with Layla. I promise to get one next time guys!!! Love you and miss you already...we are going to have to eat mac and cheese tonight. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment