Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Breaking the curse

In an effort to break this terrible toddler bed curse, we finally got Layla's bed frame done and put together! It looks great and her room is slowly coming together (yaaaay!!).

Layla decided that she hated the rail we put on the bed. After sleeping on the floor for a few days, she got used to not feeling like she was in a crib and the rail didn't allow her to get in and out by herself. Because I was scared she'd fall out (even though she barely moves when she's sleeping) I grabbed anything soft that I could find in her room and put them on the floor. This includes a few pillows, quilt and a HUGE stuffed monkey (thanks Dad and Cindy!).

It has been a few days and she hasn't fallen out, but she does get out of bed. On Sunday night I went in to check on her and I couldn't open the door...sure enough she was laying up against it. LOL. But as long as she doesn't leave her room, I don't really care where she sleeps.

Yesterday during nap, I decided to get a quick shot of L sleeping...something I've never been able to easily do. Ever since she was a baby she'd wake up as soon as I got the first picture in. So this time I decided to crack her door open and take the picture from in the hallway.


 Look how sweet and innocent she looks! And in case you are wondering, yes...that is a toddler sleep sack she is wearing. LOL. Her body temp has to be at least 230 degrees or she won't sleep...so when I put her to bed she is normally in a long sleeved shirt and pants, socks and a sleep sack. On top of that she MUST be covered with at least 3 small blankets. D-I-V-A. But only during the day, at night she sleeps fine in just normal PJs. Silly girl.

Anyway...so I got that top picture in and as soon as the shutter closed her eyes open. I jumped back into the hallway thinking "if she doesn't see me, maybe she'll go back to sleep". HA! I should know her better by now...I peeked around the corner and she's staring at the door like "What the HECK?!". I can't believe she even heard the camera, she sleeps with a sound spa on high...it sounds like there is a waterfall at the foot of her bed. 


What I didn't get a picture/video of was the screaming that took place after I took the picture above. I decided to just walk into her room (camera still around my neck) and lay down with her for a second. As soon as I stepped foot into the room she put her hand out and screamed "NOOOOOOO CAMIIIIIIII" that means "no camera" or "no pictures please" in Layla's language. This is crazy to me. It takes me at LEAST 20 minutes to wake up from a slumber, it takes Layla 20 milla seconds to wake up and gain enough composure to tell me not to take any more pictures of me...this must be Bryan's fault somehow. Haha.

And for the record, this will be the last picture you probably ever see of L sleeping because I will NOT risk waking her up an hour early from nap or bedtime EVER AGAIN. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment