Sunday, March 4, 2012

Gma and Gpa Mudd's visit

What a great visit we had this weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Mudd!! We were so happy to see them, they got to stay for 3 whole days this time! They were amazed at how much Layla is eating and talking...and got to witness how good she's doing with potty training.

On Thursday we went to the outlet in Birch Run so I could check out the deals at Pottery Barn and see if they had anything for Layla's big girl bed. We were in luck and picked up a pretty pink duvet cover for her bed. SCORE!!! It was kind of a long day and Layla hates shopping, so I didn't get any pictures.

On Friday we met our playgroup friends at Dow Gardens for story time and got to see the butterflies. I kept my cool and only freaked out once when this little boy tried to put a butterfly on my leg. I probably traumatized that poor child for life. Layla did great though! She didn't want to hold any of the butterflies but she did enjoy watching them. I can NOT believe I forgot my camera but here are a few pictures I took after we got back to our house:

These are the glitter tattoos that Grandma and Layla got. Layla got her's first but then started to freak out a bit so Grandma got one to make her feel better. LOL

Curly girl and Grandma.

And here is the $20 fake butterfly that Grandma bought for Layla. It actually looks very real from a small distance. It flutters away in its jar and Layla LOVES it! She named "her" Pink and it is the first thing she wants when she wakes up in the morning and after nap. 

Here she is admiring "Pink". 

Her face is hilarious in this pic.

Friday night we went to the mall (because that is the only thing to do). Layla got to ride the choo choo train. She was very excited at first and then got a little bit scared, but she did OK and has talked about it all weekend. I was excited because I got some one on one time with the "conductor" so I could ask a very important question that has been eating at me ever since we have discovered this mall train with no tracks...has he ever ran anyone over? The answer, in case this will keep you up at night, is no. But you can't tell me he doesn't channel his inner Blues Brother while he drives that thing.

On Saturday we ate breakfast at Cafe Zinc and I really wanted to get a nice shot of Layla with Grandma and Grandpa when we were done. As usual, that didn't happen. But I did get a couple of cute ones:



After breakfast we ran over to the Home Depot to get a few things for Bob to fix a huge hole in our bathroom ceiling that has been covered with masking tape for about 3 months. LOL. They had a workshop for the kids there that was AMAZING! I had no idea they did this and I'm so glad we stumbled upon it. Layla even got her own smock and pin for completing her project. I don't think she was into it as much as we were...in fact, she was really doubting my building abilities.



Grandma and Grandpa left this morning and we miss them already. We can't wait to go home and see everyone for Easter!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment