Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Layla's Big Girl Room Is Ready!

I feel like this has been a work in progress for a year. I had a vision in my head and it has just come together in the last month or so. With the new baby coming, we've had plenty of motivation to get our butts in gear!

I honestly think it turned out better than I could have imagined. Every "oops" that I encountered (Ex- I ordered the wrong size pics for her frames) turned into something better than the original idea (added a small pink stripe to the outside of the pic and it just POPS).

So here it is, L's big girl room (sob):






And a few of the details:







That vanity wall looks a little plain right? Well I still have 1 piece of artwork to order, frame and hang above her vanity:


I have to give a big shout out and THANK YOU (!!!!!!!) to my Grandma Lucky for doing the quilt and pillows. It all started with those 5 in circles (poor Grandma). And also my Mother-in-Law, Janet, for doing the window treatment and bed skirt (I was going to attempt this and she saved me from a total disaster).

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Ashley. It looks so peaceful, the blue is so soft, and the pictures are adorable. Now if we can just get the babies room done, in time......I'll cut more of those 5" circles anytime. Love you, and love the room !!!

    ReplyDelete