Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Layla's Nursery - revisited

I have been spending a lot of time looking at ideas for Layla's big girl room lately. I feel like I have some kind of standard to live up to since her nursery was absolutely to die for. I give a ton of credit to my Mom-in Law, Janet. She did all the bedding, curtains, lamp shades...basically everything that made the room.

Anyway, the reason for this random post is that while looking at ideas for Layla's big girl room I ran across this and my heart just skipped a beat. It is something I haven't seen since right after we found out we were having a girl:


This was the inspiration for her baby room. What are the odds that I would run across this while looking for ideas on the next room?! Her new color scheme is completely different...how in the world did this end up in my search results?! It was fate. I've decided this means that I need to say "good bye" to the nursery/baby stuff and "hello" to a big girl room. I've been waiting for a sign and this is it.

Now, before I sit in the corner and sob quietly for 30 minutes I wanted to repost her "old" room pictures just ooooooone more time because I can't help myself.




My only regret is not being able to paint the room because we wanted to make it easier to sell (rolling my eyes at this now). But never fear...we don't have to hold back this time. I just can't wait to get started and after my crazy/frenzied internet searches today for new ideas, I think I know what we are getting Layla for Christmas. Is a 2 year old too young for a vanity in their room? LOL

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, WOW! Looks like a magazine. Perhaps you should come redecorate my entire house. :)

    ReplyDelete