Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I need ideas...desperately

Layla and I went to Marshall's today and I can't step in there without wanting to buy one of the funky chairs, $200 mirrored jewelry boxes (even though I couldn't even fill 1 drawer) or a bright purple ceramic elephant that I have NO use for. But I could not pass this up today:


I promised myself I wouldn't by another dark or black piece of furniture. I just didn't resist and it can always be painted right?! This baby was on sale for $119 because of a few dings in the back and I had a few gift cards so this all makes it OK that I didn't tell Bryan about it until I got it home (he is going to make me get a job if I keep this up LOL). I even took it out of the car and carried it in by myself. Thank GOD none of our neighbors were out to witness that.

So now, to my dilemma. I just purchased another black piece of furniture for the purpose of putting it in our entry way and now it looks like this:


Impressive right? Ha! One crappy 6 year old lamp from Pier 1 that's lamp shade is lopsided and nothing else. I don't even have an entry rug. Here are my thoughts...paint the lamp white (and possibly the table), redo the shade and fix the lopsidedness (I can't believe that's actually a word), paint the walls a light grayish/bluish color to keep it light (even lighter than my terrible Photoshop work below...L is waking up and I need to hurry!!), add a mirror and some pics of Layla, accessories on the table, an umbrella stand and shoe tray and call this finished. Oh yeah, and a rug. I really don't want to cover these beautiful floors though :(


Any other ideas? Paint colors? Paint is a big decision because it has to be neutral enough to flow with the kitchen (thinking of gray), living and dining rooms (thinking of gray or blue to possibly match the foyer) and hallway (gray again...what is wrong with me?!).

Oh well, I shouldn't worry too much. Bryan will be home soon and will probably make me return it LOL. Just kidding...but I bet he is reading this right now and my phone will ring in 3, 2, 1... ;o) Love you BB!

1 comment:

  1. Do NOT paint that table! You need 2 funky WHITE or BLUE lamps (total mod) and a pic of L and a monogram B framed. A circle mirror above would complete it!

    ReplyDelete