Sunday, January 1, 2012

Time for a Bird-day Party!

It literally seems like we just cleaned up from Layla's Pink Paris Poodle First Birthday...how could she be 2?!

Let's be honest, last year's theme was pretty much for Mommy. ;o) It is kind of hard to get a 1 year old to explain to you what they are into...so we did Paris one last time while she still didn't have an opinion. This year, she still didn't really "get" it but we do know that Layla LOVES birds. So the decision to have a Bird-day party was pretty easy. I had a ton of help in planning and I think it turned out absolutely adorable!

Here are the invitations I designed:

I made dirt cake and got cupcakes from Walmart. Napkins were from Ikea. And I designed and printed all the food labels.

Grandma Barton had a lot of birdie themed items around the house. Layla and I did paint those bird houses though.

Aunt Ashley made this adorable banner!

I found this recipe on Pinterest...it is hard to see from the picture but these are bird shaped croissants with raisin eyeballs! Grandma and Aunt Ash did these...we all know I would have completely destroyed these. 

Grandma Barton did this birdie arrangement...she's so talented!

Another one of Grandma Barton's creations

The menu consisted of "Tweet" Tea (thanks Dad and Cindy!!!), Chicken Noodle Soup, Birdie Bread, Bird Seed Salad, and a few Birdie "Tweets" (pasta salad and chip dip...thanks Mom and G'ma Lucky!)

I couldn't be more happy with how these favors turned out. Mom is a Master Baker in my opinion.

I designed the labels ("Thank you for making my bird-day party so tweet") and Mom did the cookies...these are to DIE FOR!

And of course...here are some pictures from the actual party.

Time to sing Happy Birthday!


Layla doesn't like cake or frosting (I know...I know...) but she loves Oreos. So her birthday treat was 2 Oreos. LOL

Love this cute family pictures

Look at that wild hair and I believe she is drooling here. ;o)

Getting ready to open presents!

We were so happy to have some extra kids at her party. This is Layla telling Nathan (aka- our future son-in-law) goodbye. Nathan and Layla are womb buddies...his Mommy and I were both pregnant at the same time. I think they still remember each other! LOL

Another shot of the kids minus Kayla...she was rolling around in wrapping paper ;o)

She was doing great opening presents until we got to Uncle Jade and Aunt Lisa's. The world stood still when she opened this package of glow bracelets. My daugher, the pirate, immediately thought it was a telescope and decided she was done opening presents. She wanted to walk around the house looking through her new eye piece. LOL

We were able to finally round her up to open a few more gifts.

What a perfect party! Thank you so much to everyone that came and helped out!

No comments:

Post a Comment